Mailing Address! Please write!

As of July 6 (when he's in the field):
Elder Jordan Paul Day
Wisconsin Milwaukee Mission
5651 Broad st. Ste 1
Greendale WI 53129-1889



Friday, July 30, 2010

Wow what a week!! I have never prayed/worked/thought so hard in my entire life! Not that this week was trying, but that is was time for me to grow!

We ate at the Hassell's (last week), the Irion's, the Zundell's, and the Pehrson's. The Hassell's remind me of Joe, Tim has a beard and Anne is called Sister Hassel, so we get a kick out of calling them Tim and Sis. Hassel. The Irion's (ear-EE-ians) have two kids, a three year old girl and an 18 month boy and a girl on the way. Bro. Irian is a doctor and his residency ends in like two years, so he's doing pretty well. The Zundell's are basically my favorite people in the world. Brother Zundell is basically how I saw myself when I grow up, only he is a doctor also. He knows so much about health it's amazing. He also has a deep knowledge about almost everything, so he's very interesting. His wife was a patent agent and she has a chem engineering degree, so they are perfect for each other. Brother Zundell spoke about preparation in church, and it was the best talk that I had heard in a long time! The Pehrson's are a riot. Bro Pehrson is a doctor (there are a lot of them in the ward) and he likes to work out, not to mention he is over the young men in the branch, he's awesome! He has a son that's about 18 months old. Sis Pehrson is an attorney so they should be well off in like five years.

Sunday (yesterday) was German fest. Elder Dautel and I were there from 12 to about 10 helping out the family search stand that was there. There were a ton of people there, and there is a lot about Germans that I learned. The main thing around German fest is that Wisconsin is founded by Germans so it's famous for its beer and cheese, like Germany! So yeah... Elder Dautel spoke a lot of German which made him very happy, he even spoke to some couples that only spoke German and taught them a lot about the church's family search engine. I learned a lot about inviting. I have been struggling in that, mostly due to nerves, but I am sure that I should be able to now, rely on God 100%. I had a brat that was amazing! Then again, it was German made, so yeah... :) But there was some spicy mustard that cleared my senses... Late that night there were fireworks and that was awesome!
Things are well here, I do love hearing from everyone. Please remember to send a pic so that I have one of you! :)
Thanks for your support and prayers!!
Love Elder Day

No comments:

Post a Comment